Thursday, March 8, 2012

“Oh, by the way, there’s no textbook for this class.”


Surprise! I get to create my own curriculum that will entertain huge classes full of hyperactive 7th graders for 40 minutes. The foreign language department basically said something to the effect of "You're teaching Spoken English. Go."  It is assumed that because I speak English I will figure it out.

Potential Problems with this situation:

1.    I don't know the level of English of my students or what they have covered in previous oral English courses (or if they have even had previous oral English courses). I'm under the impression that they are all at significantly different levels.
2.    Super large class size eliminates a lot of games.
3.    7th Graders are easily bored.
4.    I don't really know what I'm doing!?!?!? Ahhhhhh!!!

But no worries. I'll figure it out. I think I'm going to do the human body next week. I will be singing 'Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes' a cappella. It's going to be a beautiful moment. I was also considering doing the Hokey Pokey.

I could really use some help though!! Lesson plan ideas and games to play with 50 kids would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment