Tuesday, July 10, 2012

C’mon Ride the Train…

I'm very impressed with train travel in China. I took the bullet train
from Shanghai to Beijing the other day, and buying the ticket was
actually the most difficult part. The Hongqiao Railway station is HUGE
and all of the ticket signs are in Chinese. After I'd worked out which
of the 40,000 ticket counters I needed to go to everything went very
Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station
smoothly.

My train boarded at 6:45 am and left the station promptly at 7:00 am. The train travels at a swift 300 km per hour making the journey last just under 5 hours.

With railway travel in China there's no need to arrive at the train station hours early, no undressing for airport security, and you can bring real bottle of shampoo in your bag! The train was very clean and
comfortable.

I'm looking forward to comparing that train with some of the other train rides that are in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment