Monday, May 7, 2012

Baby You’re a Firework!


I can't begin to count the number of mornings I've been startled out of sleep by fireworks. And I don't mean morning like 3 am morning; I mean like 6 am, it's already daylight morning.

Apparently it makes no difference whether or not it's dark out when the villagers decide to launch spectacular firework displays. Serious fireworks too… No wimpy black cats or sparklers here.

You can't always see them but you can hear them.

Fireworks are the answer to just about any situation. Everyday here is like the 4th of July. New restaurant opening? Fireworks. Birthday? Fireworks. National Holiday? Lots and lots of fireworks. Just really bored? Fireworks.

These spontaneous firework ambushes are really cool at night. I've taken to having a glass of wine or a diet coke on the roof of my building most nights and watching whatever random firework show is going on.

They do, however, continue to scare the daylights out of me as I walk down the street during the day. I've had to restart my heart numerous times after a deafening explosion startles me off the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment